Don't Ever Make Me Your Guru

Discussion on Dharma and related subjects in English language.
Santeri
Viesti:

Don't Ever Make Me Your Guru

ViestiKirjoittaja Santeri » 26 Helmi 2013 00:09

Greetings,

If someone ever speaks about me in that flip out manner they speak about some teachers of Buddhism and other religions, I urge you to slap them in the face. I don't want to present myself as an unreal Holy Being in order to fit into somekind of an idea people have about monks. This is one of the saddest things if seen in Buddhist world.

If someone doesn't like me, I say ’Thank God!’. That's much better than trying to pretent to be something I'm not. In the end of the day, the truth will come out anyway. Then the exalted gurus will have to pay the price. That's why if someone thinks I'm unholy, I lift my hands in anjali and say ’Sadhu! That will be for your long-term happiness and well-being!’.

Metta,
Thanavuddho

Viesti:

Re: Don't Ever Make Me Your Guru

ViestiKirjoittaja ... » 26 Helmi 2013 00:23

Yes master... Yes... Yes master..

Kuva

tamas
Viesti:

ViestiKirjoittaja tamas » 06 Maalis 2013 10:19

Sounds like a wet dream.
"Life is like stepping onto a boat which is about to sail out to sea and sink." -Shunryu Suzuki

Santeri
Viesti:

ViestiKirjoittaja Santeri » 09 Huhti 2013 07:20

Hey,

tamas kirjoitti:Sounds like a wet dream.

Whose?

Metta,
Thanavuddho

Santeri
Viesti:

ViestiKirjoittaja Santeri » 09 Huhti 2013 07:34

Greetings,

Brad Warner made a blog post with a similar theme:

Reputation is a funny thing. In my career here in Zen Land, I’ve adopted the policy that it’s better if people think you’re worse than you really are and then get surprised when you’re nice than it is to have people think you’re saintly and then get shocked and outraged when they find out you’re not. To this end, I have deliberately allowed my reputation to get pretty bad.

I Don't Give a Damn About My Bad Reputation

Metta,
Thanavuddho

Viesti:

ViestiKirjoittaja ... » 10 Huhti 2013 17:09

thanavuddho kirjoitti:Greetings,

Reputation is a funny thing. In my career here in Zen Land, I’ve adopted the policy that it’s better if people think you’re worse than you really are and then get surprised when you’re nice than it is to have people think you’re saintly and then get shocked and outraged when they find out you’re not. To this end, I have deliberately allowed my reputation to get pretty bad.

Metta,
Thanavuddho

Sounds like bullshit and stupid excuse for bad behaviour.

sandrawoodley
Viesti:

ViestiKirjoittaja sandrawoodley » 21 Tammi 2014 16:11

ok herra, tuli selväksi :)

Johann
Viesti:

ViestiKirjoittaja Johann » 06 Helmi 2014 13:19

Raitanator kirjoitti:
thanavuddho kirjoitti:Greetings,

Metta,
Thanavuddho

Sounds like bullshit and stupid excuse for bad behaviour.

Oh yes, it is like that. I also use such excuses sometimes. But it would how ever never hold for the usage of certain fecal words, it really does not work to excuse such ;) Its just for different kind of consumer who buy different kind of smells.

jee
Viesti:

ViestiKirjoittaja jee » 16 Maalis 2014 00:23

It's kind of difficult to not to have any gurus or authorities in my life. Not even parents filled up that position. To be not cocky I really appreciate everything I see every day: priests, junkies, ordinary (wo)men and choices people have done in their lives, even if results are not that good.

You can always learn something from everyone: how to do good or maybe how to stay away from not that good decisions (you can't always choose or do your best to choose the least worst of from two bad decisions). In life you are always two steps away from complete disaster and when it happens you'll see it's really not that bad. You can always dust up yourself and try again.

jee
Viesti:

ViestiKirjoittaja jee » 16 Maalis 2014 01:53

Not also be an idiot, I always appreciated my parents more than anyone ever. But when you get old enough you'll usually see it's not the whole truth you've seen and your parents are just ordinary people with ordinary flaws like just anyone anywhere. Then some time later you'll see you have to be on your own and try not to re-done mistakes your parents have done but try to do something better. Then you have achieved something remarkable. This's just my guess feel free to comment.

Palaa sivulle “English Dharma Discussion”