Uutiset

Keskustelua buddhalaisuudesta.
Santeri
Viesti:

Re: Uutiset

ViestiKirjoittaja Santeri » 20 Heinä 2013 15:44

China vows to intensify crackdown on pro-Tibet materials

Kuva

Scores of Tibetans have been arrested and disappeared for keeping portraits of the Dalai Lama in their phones or at homes, and singing songs or writing about the Tibetan spiritual leader who relinquished all his political authorities to the elected Tibetan leadership in 2011.

http://www.phayul.com/news/article.aspx ... s&id=33748

:violent3:
:violent2:

Santeri
Viesti:

ViestiKirjoittaja Santeri » 24 Heinä 2013 09:18

Reflections on religion, graft and teenagers

When my teenage daughter, who has never expressed an interest in religion, asked me to take her to a wian tian ceremony to observe Asarnha Bucha Day, I was ecstatic.

Reflections on religion, graft and teenagers

Santeri
Viesti:

ViestiKirjoittaja Santeri » 27 Heinä 2013 11:40

Hei,

Kuulin juuri että yksi kuuluisa metsäperinteen Ajahn oli jättänyt munkinkaavut 38 vuoden jälkeen ja mennyt naimisiin. Minä tunsin Ajahn Gavesakon (mutta en kovin hyvin). Tämä uutinen on pyörinyt buddhalaisessa mediassa jo viikkoja, mutta minulta se meni ohi. Aiheesta enemmän täällä.

Former monk Mitsuo Gavesako, who was abbot of the renowned Sunandavanaram forest monastery in Kanchanaburi, left the monkhood to pursue an ordinary life which allows him to have a normal intimate relationship with a woman.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews ... or-a-woman

Kuva

:love1:

Santeri
Viesti:

ViestiKirjoittaja Santeri » 11 Elo 2013 07:23

Kuva

Somdej Kiew dies at 85

Somdej Phra Buddhacharn, acting Supreme Patriarch and abbot of Wat Saket Ratcha Wora Maha Wihan, died of a blood infection at Smitivej hospital on Saturday morning. He was 85.

The revered Buddhist monk, widely known as Somdej Kiew, was born on March 3, 1928 in Koh Samui district of Surat Thani province.

Somdej Kiew was appointed as acting Supreme Patriarch in 2004 after the Supreme Patriarch, His Holiness Somdet Phra Yanasamvara Suvaddhana Mahathera, became ill and has been admitted to Chulalongkorn hospital in 2002.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews ... dies-at-85

Hän auttoi länsimaalaisia munkkeja Thaimaassa.

Santeri
Viesti:

ViestiKirjoittaja Santeri » 29 Elo 2013 09:05

Monk accused of anti-Muslim Burmese campaign

A Buddhist monk has been accused of stoking religious tensions leading to the persecution and even the deaths of members of the Muslim minority in Myanmar, formerly known as Burma.

Shin Wirathu leads the 969 campaign which aims to force people not to use Muslim businesses.

Many are blaming him and the nationalist organisation he helps, for inciting violence against Muslims in Sagaing in the north of the country.

The BBC's Jonah Fisher has travelled to the monastery where he teaches in Mandalay.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-23874521

:banghead:

Viesti:

ViestiKirjoittaja ... » 08 Loka 2013 16:56

Kuva

To all dear friends of Samye Ling and Choje Akong Tulku Rinpoche

I am very, very sorry to inform you all that tragically, my brother Choje Akong Rinpoche, my nephew and one monk who was travelling with then, were all assassinated in Chengdu today. Rinpoche’s body has been taken to hospital where a post mortem will be carried out. That is all the news I have so far. If I receive further news I will let you know.

My nephew Kating Lama has been able to inform His Holiness Karmapa’s sister who has informed H H Karmapa, H H Dalai Lama and Chamgon Kenting Tai Situpa and they are all saying prayers.

We will have to do a lot of special prayers and make a lot of appropriate offerings on Rinpoche’s behalf and any contributions you wish to make in his name will be much appreciated.

I request you all to do whatever prayers you can.
With best wishes,
Lama Yeshe Rinpoche

https://www.facebook.com/kagyusamyeling ... 48/?type=1

Santeri
Viesti:

ViestiKirjoittaja Santeri » 27 Marras 2013 09:17

Hei,

Viime päivinä monesta eri suunnasta eteeni on tullut uutisia Lumbinin arkeologisista löydöistä. Vaikuttaa siltä, että työryhmä on löytänyt jotain yli 2500 vuotta vanhoja jäänteitä, jotka ovat mahdollisesti peräisin Buddhan syntymäpaikalta.

"
Religious roots of Buddha's birthplace traced back 2,600 years

"This is one of those rare occasions when belief, traditions, archaeology and science come together," Coningham said.

http://nbcnews.com/science/religious-ro ... 2D11648772

Henkilökohtaisesti suhtaudun tähänkin löytöön hiukan skeptisesti. National Geographic kanavalta on tulossa helmikuussa aiheeseen liittyvä dokumentti "Buried Secrets of the Buddha".

Dharmis42
Viesti:

ViestiKirjoittaja Dharmis42 » 09 Syys 2014 10:25

The Dalai Lama has told a German newspaper that he should be the last Tibetan spiritual leader, ending a centuries-old religious tradition from his Himalayan homeland.

His comments to the Welt am Sonntag newspaper echo his previous statement that "the institution of the Dalai Lama has served its purpose", but were even more explicit.

"We had a Dalai Lama for almost five centuries. The 14th Dalai Lama now is very popular. Let us then finish with a popular Dalai Lama," he said.

"If a weak Dalai Lama comes along, then it will just disgrace the Dalai Lama," he added with a laugh, according to a transcript of the English language interview.

He also said: "Tibetan Buddhism is not dependent on one individual. We have a very good organisational structure with highly trained monks and scholars."

China has governed Tibet since 1951, a year after invading, and the Dalai Lama fled across the Himalayas to India after a failed 1959 uprising against Chinese rule.

The Nobel Peace Prize winner in 2011 retired from political duties and has upgraded the role of prime minister of the Tibetan exile community.

But he is still the most powerful rallying point for Tibetans, both in exile and in their homeland, and remains the universally recognised face of the movement.

Asked by the German newspaper how much longer he may carry on his advocacy duties, the 79-year-old said: "The doctors say I could become 100 years old. But in my dreams I will die at the age of 113 years.

"I hope and pray that I may return to this world as long as sentient beings' suffering remains. I mean not in the same body, but with the same spirit and the same soul."

On the question of whether he may ever be able to return to Tibet, he said: "Yes, I am sure of that. China can no longer isolate itself, it must follow the global trend towards a democratic society."

http://news.yahoo.com/dalai-lama-says-n ... 50161.html

jee
Viesti:

ViestiKirjoittaja jee » 10 Syys 2014 22:11

Tarkoittaako tuo että hänellä on niin suuri ego ettei uskalla riskeerata tulevaisuutta, jos seuraaja ei olekaan niin suosittu kuin hän? (toki koskee vain tiibetiläistä, ei mahayana tai vajrayana)

Dharmis42
Viesti:

ViestiKirjoittaja Dharmis42 » 12 Syys 2014 21:58

Ma luulla, etta kiinalla valmiina ehdokkaita, hiki otsalla ootta etta separatisti saada vaihdettua, ummarsin?

Palaa sivulle “Dharman pyörä”